Fresh ground coffee ensures you an even extraction and best cup all the time.Investing in a good quality coffee grinder, you can easily switch from pre ground coffee to fresh batch of ground coffee at home and get a big change in your coffee. So, it is essential for setting up a handsome budget for this home appliance. The cost of the best coffee grinder is less expensive to expensive and mostly depends on personal choice of our favorite brew. I have picked up 10 coffee grinders after the market research based on thousands of reviews from customers, their ratings and price points.
This coffee grinders reviews will help you to give good information and set the budget for the right one. But before proceeding through reviews, you need to know how to choose your coffee grinder. There are some things needed to be considered before buying a home grinder:
- Consistent Grind: The First thing is the consistency of your ground coffee bean but all type of grinders can not offer this task. All coffee connoisseurs recommend to have a burr grinder for even grind. Blade grinder cannot produce the consistency you need for best cup. I have explained it below at the end of the article. Check if you do not know the fact.
- Versatile settings: A grinder with several grind settings is good so you can grind from coarse to fine whenever you need except you need special grind size every time like fine and very fine grind for espresso and Turkish coffee.
- Storage capacity: It depends on how often you grind your coffee bean. There are different coffee grinders having small hopper and large hopper. Though at home small or mid hopper will be excellent.
What is Your Priority:
Here above I cover some general issues but there are more things you must put emphasis on. So what features you wish to have in your coffee grinder?
- Grinding for espresso or coffee?
- Grinding for both coffee and spice?
- Ease of use?
- Quiet in operation?
- Auto grind?
- Doser or doserless or Bin?
- Step or stepless?
- Conical burr or flat burr?
- Stainless steel or ceramic burr?
- Price? cheap/moderate/expensive?
I have a good details for these question you put before purchasing a coffee grinder. I will go through these topics one by one but before checking out the features of this 10 coffee grinders is a wise decision to know which one you find the best that can meet your priority.
Now Let’s know them and have a quick look how they are rated —
The Best Coffee Grinder 2017
|Capresso 565 Infinity Conical Burr Grinder with Stainless Steel||Baratza Encore Conical burr Grinder||Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Grinder||Cuisinart CBM-18N Programmable Conical Burr Mill|
|My Rating||My Rating||My Rating||My Rating|
|16 Grind Settings||40 grind settings and nice front-mounted pulse button||14 grind settings & anti-static borosilicate glass catcher.||18 grind settings|
|Best For French press, espresso, percolator||Best For pour-over, shiphon, chemex, areopress, espresso||Best For any of your favourite coffee brewing styles||Best For auto drip, French press or espresso|
|Baratza Virtuoso Conical Burr Coffee Grinder (with Bin)||Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder||KRUPS F2037051 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder with Stainless Steel Blade||Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill|
|My Rating||My Rating||My Rating||My Rating|
|40 grind settings & nice front mounted button||Especially For Espresso||Multipurpose Grinder||18 grind selector & 4-18 cup selector ensure grind more than 1 cup|
|Best For French press, drip, espresso, and other manual brewing||Best For espresso||Best For both coffee grinds & spices grind||Best For auto drip, French press or espresso|
|Breville Smart Grinder||Hamilton Beach 2-Way Flex Brew 49983 with the Automatic 80365 Grinder|
|My Rating||My Rating|
|25 grind settings, auto dosing IQ technology & two portafilter cradle||2-way flex brew coffee maker, instant brewing with k-cup packs or with fresh ground coffee pot|
|Best For French press, drip, percolator or espresso||Best For single cup or full pot for any brewing|
- 1 [ Coffee Grinders Reviews: 10 Best Coffee Grinder ]
- 1.1 Best Budget Grinder For The Beginners
- 1.2 1. Capresso 565 Infinity Stainless Steel Conical Burr Grinder
- 1.3 Best Value Conical Burr Grinder For Manual Brew
- 1.4 2. Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder Check Price
- 1.5 A Great Grinder For Home Use
- 1.6 3. Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder Check Price
- 1.7 Best Inexpensive Conical Burr Mill With variety of Features
- 1.8 4. Cuisinart CBM-18N Programmable Conical Burr Mill Check Price
- 1.9 5. Baratza Virtuoso-Conical Burr Coffee Grinder Check Price
- 1.10 6. Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Espresso Coffee Grinder Check Price
- 1.11 7. Krups F2037051 Electric Spice & Coffee Grinder
- 1.12 8. Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill Check Price
- 1.13 9. Breville BCG800XL Smart Grinder Check Price
- 1.14 10. Hamilton Beach 2-way Flex Brew 49983 with the Automatic 80365 Grinder Check Price
- 2 How to Choose The Right Grinder?
- 3 Which grinder to buy?
[ Coffee Grinders Reviews: 10 Best Coffee Grinder ]
Best Budget Grinder For The Beginners
Grind Settings: 16 ¦ Grinding Speed: <450 RPM ¦ Hopper Capacity: 8-1/2-ounce
Ground Capacity: 4-ounce ¦ Material: Stainless steel, zinc ¦ Power: 120v
The Main Advantages of Capresso Infinity
- Quiet in operation
- Uniform Grind
- Pretty well for drip brew
- solidly built
The issues With Capresso Infinity
- Regular cleaning required
- Not ideal for espresso
- Needs design modification
Capresso 565 infinity is an entry level high quality conical burr grinder with total 16 settings that is easily adjustable to any grind. What way you brew, Capresso works excellent by setting up any grind level for your favorite brewing styles-French press, drip brew, espresso, percolator or Turkish- great job done by this Capresso! If you like to have very low noisy product, I will recommend this infinity at all. It grinds so quite a way, you will surely love it. Though this home grinder works excellent with coarse setting, medium, fine and super fine grinds also give a nice flavor for your roasted coffee bean. It always grinds consistent and perfect amount of coffee. If you are beginner level, Capresso 565 burr grinder is your best hope and worth your small amount of money. Moreover, Capresso conical burr grinder is a stylish product for its modern look that will add a nice addition to your kitchen or counter top. Read Our Full Review.
- The Capresso Infinity is the entry level well built coffee grinder for those who has decent budget for purchasing a home grinder. If you regularly grind for drip coffee or french press, it is the great value for you. The grinder is also quiet while grinding if you do not like noise.
- If you are espresso lover, this Capresso can not produce fine grind very well suited for espresso brew. If the budget is not an issue, investing in a good espresso grinder will be a good choice. Cleaning out after each grind may be boring if you do not mind 1 minute cleaning everyday.
Best Value Conical Burr Grinder For Manual Brew
Grind Settings: 40 ¦ Grinding Speed: 450 RPM ¦ Hopper Capacity: 8 oz
Ground Capacity: 5 oz ¦ Material: Stainless steel ¦ Power: 110 V
The Main Advantages of Baratza Encore
- Perfect consistency for manual brew
- Solid burr
- Less static
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
The Issues With Baratza Encore
- No timer ( only on-off switch)
- A bit messy
- Inconsistent grind for coffee press and espresso
Super conical burr grinder! You can use Baratza Encore for both manual brewing and espresso. if you like most recent popular brewing e.g. pour-over, shiphon, chemex, areopress, you should get this. A bit louder than other burr grinders but much less than blade one. Baratza encore has easy 40 grind settings that make your coffee bean grind from fine to coarse. Besides,its front-mounted pulse button is excellent for direct brewing. What the nice addition you get from Baratza burr is a Digital pocket scale and a dusting brush. They’ll aid you to measure beans rightly and to clean after grind. In fine, Baratza encore is Very good product for the price. it is really a win! Read Our Full Review
- Baratza Encore grind settings work excellent for manual brew like drip, siphon, aeropress etc. This is an upgraded burr grinder you will hardly find with the low price.
- You will not like this Baratza grinder for espresso though it has that grind settings. For it’s incapability for fine grinding very well, I do not like to recommend it for good espresso.
Read Also Our Comparison- Baratza Encore vs Virtuoso Coffee Grinder
A Great Grinder For Home Use
Grind Settings: 14 ¦ Grinding Speed: 720 RPM ¦ Hopper Capacity: 7.8 oz.
Ground Capacity: 11 oz ¦ Material: Stainless steel ¦ Power: 120 V
The Main Advantages of Bodum Bistro
- Consistent grind in all settings
- Less Quiet
- Low static
The Issues With Bodum Bistro
- 20 seconds grind timer( an issue for grinding more coffee at a time)
- Hopper and glass catcher is not meant for storage
- Different amount of grounds on the same settings ( depends on timer )
The best thing about bodum bistro grinder is its anti-static borosilicate glass catcher. when you use Bodum Bistro, You’ll notice that coffee grounds do not cling much to the surface-which is a good point for a grinder. Another good feature of this grinder is that it’s easier to use and so simple that you couldn’t but agree with me. Like other burrs, Bodum Bistro grinder is less noisy. However, This little Bodum Bistro burr grinds consistent with its 14 grind settings from coarse to fine .So you get this grinder goes fine with any of your favorite coffee brewing styles. And what the more you get, Bodum Bistro offers 5 different color choices. So, if you are bored with conventional black color, now can simply decor your kitchen or counter top with your favorite color. I always recommend this nice product for those who want a quality home grinder with comfortable price. Read Our Full Review
- Bodum bistro is great gems for your home use, compatibility with the price and and fine, even grinds in all settings. Even espresso grind goes excellent with dark roasted bean.
- It will be unwise to buy this grinder if you regularly grinds more coffee for a gang at a time but excellent for personal use or family.
Read Also Our Comparison- Bodum Bistro and Capresso Infinity
Best Inexpensive Conical Burr Mill With variety of Features
Grind Settings: 18 ¦ Hopper Capacity: 8 oz ¦ Cup Selector: 1-14 cups
Material: man-made material ¦ Power: 120 V
The Main Advantages of Cuisinart CBM-18N
- Conical burrs result in uniform grinding
- Good interface with high quality LCD display
- Best for french press, auto drip and espresso
- The cup selector option is best for precise amount of coffee
- Manual grind option let you grind manually
- Cleaning is easy
The Issues With Cuisinart CBM-18N
- Coffee dust creates a mess
- Low number of cup selection
- Need to hold the grinder while running
Cuisinart programmable burr grinder delivers you uniform grinding with full flavour of coffee bean. Its’ 18 grind selector is great if you use them for auto drip, French press or espresso machine. However, The cruisinart cbm-18n includes the cup selector option that maintains the number of cups of coffee beans you choose for grinding at a time. Besides, it has got another interesting feature– LCD display that let you show the timer ,number of cups you desired and chosen grind setting. Though Cuisinart CBM-18n grinder is fully automatic ,It has manual grind system so that you can also grind manually. Overall,I say that the cruisinart cbm- 18n is one of the best conical burr mill you get under $100! Read Our Full Review
- Cuisinart 18N is a good choice for single cup brewing and the 1-14 cup selection allows you to choose to grind for minimum 1 cup brewing.The good interface, different grinds for variety of tastes and the cheap price make this Cuisinart grinder excellent product for home use.
- If you often grind for more cup…more than 14, the grinder is unable to serve this feature. In this case, you may look for Cuisinart DBM-8 that is ready to offer you to grind for more cup at a time.
Baratza Virtuouso,one of the best conical burr grinders in the world of coffee gear, offers 40 good grind settings from coarse to fine. This virtuous burr delivers you delicious cups of coffee with espresso, French press, drip and other manual brewing. if you desire to grind a good amount, Its large hopper provides enough capacity for your coffee bean storage. However, the hopper can be easily turned for any settings- coarse, fine and also get very fine grind! Baratza always perform well to grind coffee in different grind size! Besides, The front mounted button let you grind directly into a port filter if you have one and choose to work with this. Also This conical burr has got powerful DC motor that allows the grinder to operate quietly and keeps your bean cool ,in case, you want longer grinding. Another most important thing about this Barazta virtuous is its less static function.Moreover, Barazta Virtuoso offers an excellent look on your kitchen or counter top. Read Our Full Review
Rancillo SD, a high quality commercial grade home grinder,is especially designed for espresso lovers. The grinder is solid, heavy in weight and most owners review that the grinder lasts for long -averagely 15 years or more. This very quite grinder is ready to meet all your demands. As espresso drinkers always find it crucial to go with other grinders, it should be a smart purchase for them. Really Rancillo Rocky SD grinds your coffee bean to a fine powder or coarse grind and you get ground coffee directly into its smart port filter. The Rancillo SD is always expert in preserving best flavour and each use you will have freshest espresso ever! A bit expensive but performs great for the money! Read Our Full Review
7. Krups F2037051 Electric Spice & Coffee Grinder
If you want your coffee grinder works for both purposes-coffee grind and also spices grind, krups f2037051 is an excellent choice. You will love its small size , oval design and consistent grinding. Some people prefer this grinder for it grinds more quickly than other blade grinders. It is easy to take anywhere with you whenever you need and it really holds a small space on your counter. For its oval shaped design you can easily pour your ground coffee or pouder spices. this wonderful multipurpose krups grinder is your best way to save money from buying another grinder for spices, nuts or grains. Read Full Review
This cusinart dbm-8 comes from the same cuisinart brand above mentioned for cusinart cbm-18n. Two have same features with a slight difference. If you often grind more than one cup , the cuisinart dbm-8 is an ideal choice. You can set the amount on its slide dial that starts from 4 to 18 cups. Like dbm-18 , it gets same 18 grind selector for medium , coarse and fine grinds. Though its fine grind setting is not so perfect for espresso or Turkish, it will surely gain your satisfaction if you are French press lover or drip coffee lover. All burr grinders always grinds consistent . dbm-8 is no exception in this matter and offers relatively uniform ground coffee with sweet aroma and good taste. It can be your first collection if you are novice about coffee grinder world. Good quality and great value for the small price grinder. Read Full Review
Color: silver/black sesame/cranberry red
What the smartest feature the Breville smart grinder gets is its auto dosing IQ technology. You can just choose your grind and This IQ system’ll automatically choose the dose of ground coffee . So you need not worry any more about the precise amount of freshly ground coffee beans. Besides, this Breville conical burr offers 25 grind settings. If yor are a French press lover or like to have drip , percolator or espresso coffee preparation for your perfect cup, now choosing any setting is more easy. It also gives you a easy hands-free direct grinding for it got two portafilter cradle-one large and another small one. Another nice option for this amazing grinder is its 1- pound capacity easy removable bean hopper with air tight seal. You will also love the handsome LCD screen where you can comfortably look and select grind settings, amount of coffee beans and number of cups or shots. Basically, The Breville BCG800X has three color option-silver,black and red. You can Get This very smart grinder for smart price. Read More Review
The Hamilton beach automatic grinder delivers with 2-way flex brew coffee maker! This package works great with both options- If you need instant brewing use it with k-cup packs or brew with fresh ground coffee pot. Just brew your own way and it will assure you best test cup of coffee. whatever you want, a single cup or full pot, the coffee maker has both capabilities as your need. Besides, the large carafe serves you enough coffee for each brew. So if your house is full of guests, coffee making issue is now no matter! now, you worried about cleaning? no matter, it’s dishwasher safe ! so when you have two machines into one package, it generally saves your counter space. It also looks great on your kitchen. Really an Excellent combo kit for your home.
How to Choose The Right Grinder?
Yet confused to choose your grinder? If it is let me say details about the coffee grinders. it’ll make you clear which grinder you should choose. You will notice three types of grinder –blade grinder, burr grinder and manual grinder. If you emphasis on quality, surely burr grinder is the best. This type of grinder serves more features and quality works for perfect grind.
On the other hand, you’ll see Blade grinders cheaper than any other grinder on the market. From the price point, it is still popular to many coffee novices. What the main disadvantage of blade grinder is it produces inconsistent grind.
Now come to the manual grinder. Manual grinder also has burr grinding mechanism. The difference is that when blade and burr grinders are powered by electric motor, in the manual grinders what the name suggests, are run manually by hand cranking a handle.
Want to know more on these products? Have a quick glance below to know more features about these devices. If not, go direct below “which grinder to Buy”
Which grinder to buy?
Whenever you decide to buy a coffee grinder, remember to look at on your favorite brewing styles, quality and price. These three are the most important things to choose your best coffee grinder. now let me know what is your brewing method?
Espresso?So choose your grinder wisely for espresso, otherwise it can waste your money and give you a bad cup of coffee. In this case, I prefer ‘Rancilo HSD-ROC-SD Rocky espresso grinder’ for espresso lover as it is specially designed for them. Rancilo SD is One of the best espresso grinders you’ll ever find. Price is somewhat high but you know well that quality grinder deserves good price. By the way, other grinders also function well for espresso. You can see Barazta encore conical burr, capresso 565 infinity, cuisinart CBM-18,Breville smart grinder and Barazta virtuoso. Their quality is also very good and price probably within your reach.
If you are French Press lover? “Cuisinart DBM-8 supreme grind, cuisinart CBM-18N, capresso 565 Infinity conical burr, Barazta Virtuoso ” can be your best choice.
Would You like to have a grinder forpour-over, shiphon, areopress or chemex?The best option for you is ‘Barazta Encore conical burr‘ coffee grinder. This grinder is much popular among the coffee lovers who love these recent growing brewing styles.
Do you expect your grinder works for both coffee grind and spice grind? Yes, there I find one. This is ‘KRUPS F2037051 ‘ Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder, the best blade grinder for this purpose.
Do you often use k-cup packs? You can have ‘Hamilton beach automatic grinder’ . It serves very good and specially designed for k-cup packs.
Many coffee lovers want to grind more than one cup or full pot. Actually all grinders donot function well for more than one cup at a time. But Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill and also The Hamilton beach automatic Grinder easily serve you a full pot at a time.
For Turkish coffee using manual grinding mill is best and you’ll not find any good electric grinder for your home use. You can have IdylcHomes KONA Coffee Slim Grinder as it produces finely powdered coffee grind for the best cup of Turkish coffee.
some grinders I call all round grinders. They grind for any brewing methods. Bodum bistro electric burr grinder, capresso 565 Infinity,Barazta virtuoso- These three are great grinders with their various functions and comfortable price.
Remember that no products on the market you’ll find all the perfect. So just find it what it is as they must have solution, care for it and it will give you best services.
Good Day Coffee lover guys ! Best wishes and best of luck with your best coffee grinder!