Cold brew coffee with whipped cream and sweet taste brings you the comfort in the summer. Many become over-thinking cold brew coffee as iced coffee. But these two coffee preparations have a big difference in the method, flavor, and process. Cold brew is brewed in cold water and then steeped for a long time and filtered while iced coffee is prepared with hot water, and ice is poured over.
Coffee grind size for cold brew:
Freshly ground coffee tastes better in this type of brew. The coarse setting in your grinder is best for cold brew. Though any coffee grinder would go excellent for making coffee for cold brew, the Capresso Infinity burr grinder could be the best choice for a coarse grind.
Cold Brew Coffee Maker:
Make coffee with the best cold brew coffee maker and feel the real flavor of cold brew. Filtron Cold Water Coffee Concentrate Brewer is our first pick for cold brew preparation.
- one pound of freshly roasted coffee bean
- Capresso Infinity coffee grinder for coarse grind
- 2 liter of water
- Filtron cold water concentrate brewer
- Flat Bottom Funnel Shaped Filters
Method of making cold brew coffee
- Adjust the filtron rubber cap underneath the maker in the hole
- Take the wool filter, wet the filter and place that at the bottom in the wheel-shaped jag rightly on a level
- Now set the flat bottom filter in the cold brew maker evenly
- Grind coffee bean into coarse. Do not grind it coarser or too fine as coffee extraction mostly depends on the right size of ground coffee.
- Add coffee grounds to the filter and hitch them for the right level
- Add 2 liter of water to the grounds slowly in a circular motion and plunge the grounds with a spoon or butter knife
- Now set the plastic disc filter on the filter and on it fix the top plastic component
- Steep it for 12 hours at room temperature, not in the fridge.
- When the 24 hours are over, place the filtron coffee maker over a carafe and put out the rubber cap from the bottom very quickly, and you see coffee flowing through the carafe. Place it carefully and wait until the whole process ends.
- Serve with cream and ice if you like and enjoy it!